Having a Google My Business (GMB) for your senior living community is important. This is because it is usually the first thing your customers notice when they search for your business. There are several benefits to a GMB page for your senior living community but we have provided you with a few key benefits to give you an idea of what’s to gain by optimizing your GMB account:
- It sets an immediate first impression for searchers who see your business’s essential info listed on the right-hand side of the interface.
- Direct messaging optionality — customers can send messages directly to your company phone or email via the GMB interface
- A completed GMB listing can single-handedly improve a business’s local SEO ranking.
- GMB has Google Maps integration, which makes it easier to find your business on the world’s most widely used mobile map and directions app.
- Customer reviews are displayed under your GMB profile, giving your business social credibility that rivals Yelp or Trustpilot.
Due to the decline of crowd-sourced review apps like Yelp has helped propel GMB to new heights. More often than not customers are using GMB to source opinions and reviews of a business rather than other platforms, so it helps to keep your GMB active and well-curated.
Covid-19 And GMB:
Due to the events of the past year and a half GMB has been catapulted into the digital marketing spotlight. There was a time when business hours were relatively stable and predictable, but that’s not always the case with public health orders changing so rapidly. This means that you must communicate any changes in your working hours and health protocols to your customers immediately.
This is where GMB comes in handy, because Google is typically the first place your customers go to find out more information about your business. This means that you need to keep your GMB updated with your latest business hours and any other relevant information that your customers might need. Thankfully GMB makes it super easy to communicate any scheduling or operating changes to your audience by just letting you input your business’s operating schedule straight into the GMB panel.
Also, Google lets you write a 750-character description (i.e., one-two paragraphs) about your business. This paragraph should describe how your business has adjusted to the changing public health environment and should include information about how you’re complying with sanitary measures.
For more tips and tricks on how to take your Instagram profile for your Senior Living Community to the next level reach out to Roche Associates!