MEDIA PLANNING AND PLACEMENT
Seniors are less impressed with flashy graphics than with substance. Ads that communicate the top points of differentiation for your community will make more of a difference than slick ads without substance. Some advertising firms that specialize in working with other demographic groups may produce a pretty ad, but will they get the results you need in attracting seniors to your community?
The Roche Associates, Inc. can work with you to develop an advertising campaign that incorporates the various major selling points for your community, thus differentiating you from your regional competition. We help our clients coordinate the most efficient and cost-effective use of media resources, based on your needs and your budget, and designed to supplement all that you are doing, to get real results.
- Ads with news in them are recalled by more people than ads without news.
- Headlines are the key to effective print advertisements. Headlines which work best contain news and offer benefits. Headlines of ten words or more are more effective than shorter headlines.
- On average helpful information is read by more people than copy that just contains information about the product.
- Long copy sells more than short copy.
- The copy should take precedence over any illustration or photo.
Radio is recognized as being particularly potent regarding lead generation, especially with the senior demographic. Radio listeners are extremely loyal to the stations they listen to. Radio is a big part of people’s lives, with the average person listening 20 to 25 hours per week. And despite the many stations available in a single market, most people settle on two or, maybe, three favorites as their primary source(s) of news, entertainment and information. A bond develops between the radio station and its listeners, so that the station exerts sway with its listeners’ choices and preferences. Thus, when a listener hears something on the radio, there is much more salience to the message.
Yellow Pages Advertising:
Marketing research studies have indicated that yellow pages advertising can be a very effective medium. People that seek out information from the yellow pages generally have a strong inclination to buy. For some yellow pages directories, a majority of people contacted a business after finding it in a directory.